Objective: To promote CSOs oversight and engagement in the national Covid-19 emergency response and ensure greater cooperation between government and civil society in addressing the effects of Covid-19.
- To strengthen and expand the inclusion of special interest groups (including women, at-risk youth and people with disabilities) in the Covid-19 response, and
- To understand the barriers they face in relation to both their participation and their operations and advocate for responsive actions.
- Showcasing the continued value of civil society in addressing the effects of Covid-19.
Duration: January to November 2021
- Monitor the implementation of anti Covid-19 measures issued in Rwanda in relation to the promotion of Human Rights and keeping Civic Space healthy.
- Develop simplified briefers comparing these issued measures with international standards and advising on good practices,
- Organize consultative meetings with CSOs to discuss the role of Civil Society addressing the effects of Covid-19 while keeping the Civic Space healthy,
- Engage Media in dissemination of information related to the Human Rights and Civic Space in periods of the pandemic, as well as conducting related advocacy activities.